logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search and index.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Feb 13 22:52:58 GMT 2011

There is a big problem with address search with poor and inconsistent map data.  With my map of England I get the choice of four different variations on the name of the country to choose from. One must be chosen and doing so means that you can only find streets that have that particular country name.

Now there is no way for me to know since after all everything is really in the same country.

So to make address search really useful the country names have to be cleaned up, (other countries may be in a better state).

Does anyone have any good ideas about this?

..Steve