logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index branch - success!

From Chris66 chris66nrw at gmx.de on Sat Feb 12 20:45:58 GMT 2011

Am 12.02.2011 15:08, schrieb Henning Scholland:

>> Now when I find for addresses on my Legend HCX, I can choose
>> between region "Deutschland" and region "Germany".
>> [...]
>> I used location-autofill=1 and
>> --country-name=germany
>> --country-abbr=DE
>> --area-name=DE

when I change this to
 --country-name=Deutschland
 --country-abbr=DEU
 --area-name=DEU
then only region "Deutschland" is available and this is choosen
automatically in the address-find page.

>> For region Deutschland I have to enter "LÜ" to find
>> cities starting with "Lü" but for Region Germany I
>> have to enter "LU" to find cities starting with "Lü".

> did you use --code-page//=1252? This should fix the problem with
> umlauts.

I used -latin1 but when I change to codepage/charset 1252 there is no
difference.

So, searching cities with "LÜ" now gives:

 Lünen, Kreis Unna
 Lünen-Süd, DEU

and looking for "LU" gives:

 Lüdinghausen, Kreis Coesfeld
 Lünen, Kreis Unna
 Lünen-Süd, DEU

Very funny.

Another question:

Searching for housenumbers is not yet possible?

Chris