logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index branch - success!

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Fri Feb 11 22:28:46 GMT 2011

On Feb 11, 2011, at 22:31, flabot at googlemail.com wrote:

> Compiled germany with it. Compiling works.
> Copy gmap.img to 60CSX. Map works. Search same as in older days.
> Do i need Mapsource ? use OS X 10.6 ;-(

On OS X, you should be able to use Garmin Basecamp and Mapinstall to install the maps. (You first need to create a .gmapi file from the .img files: there is a Perl script for that.)

I have done this with older versions of mkgmap with semi-working address search, so I suspect that it should work with the index branch as well.

Cheers.