logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 0x10 for residential in default style

From Jeroen Muris jeroen at tweejee.net on Fri Feb 11 00:25:59 GMT 2011

Marko,

You're right: I like te map better without the borders on the roads. I made
a version of my TYP file with a light grey background (type 0x4b) and all
the borders stripped off the line definitions. It still needs tweaking
colours and widths, but the general impression is lighter, clearer in
MapSource, BaseCamp and the Oregon 550.

I you want to try, I uploaded a copy with family ID 1 at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20232727/M0000001-JM-no_spaghetti.TYP. I'd like to
hear if the grey background works on your device too. If you're wondering
why the definition of 0x4b is a bitmap, I believe I remember this works
better than a solid color on more devices...

Regards,

J-----.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: MarkoMäkelä
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:23 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] 0x10 for residential in default style

Hi Jeroen,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:18:26PM +0100, Jeroen Muris wrote:
>Marko (and others interested),
>
>A copy of the current version of my TYP file can be found on
>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20232727/M0000001-JM.TYP.
>
>Personally I use product 1 and family 3141, but this copy is compiled for
>family ID 1. It is a work in progress, and not all types are used in the
>default style. All types from the default style should be present though...
>
>Please let me know how it looks on your device.

I liked the landuse and building polygons. I do not like the spaghetti
(black border lines of 0x05, 0x06 and 0x01, among others). 0x09 looks
fine (albeit a little wide). Actually, most ways look a bit too wide;
they are hiding the cycleway or footway next to them.

You can see an example of the spaghetti (with gray border lines instead
of black) here: http://cferrero.net/maps/img/spag4.bmp

Can you override the Garmin yellow background colour with the TYP file?
If you can, that would make the black border lines unnecessary, wouldn't
it?

Best regards,

Marko