logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 0x10 for residential in default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Feb 10 21:23:30 GMT 2011

Hi Jeroen,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:18:26PM +0100, Jeroen Muris wrote:
>Marko (and others interested),
>
>A copy of the current version of my TYP file can be found on
>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20232727/M0000001-JM.TYP.
>
>Personally I use product 1 and family 3141, but this copy is compiled for
>family ID 1. It is a work in progress, and not all types are used in the
>default style. All types from the default style should be present though...
>
>Please let me know how it looks on your device.

I liked the landuse and building polygons. I do not like the spaghetti
(black border lines of 0x05, 0x06 and 0x01, among others). 0x09 looks
fine (albeit a little wide). Actually, most ways look a bit too wide;
they are hiding the cycleway or footway next to them.

You can see an example of the spaghetti (with gray border lines instead
of black) here: http://cferrero.net/maps/img/spag4.bmp

Can you override the Garmin yellow background colour with the TYP file?
If you can, that would make the black border lines unnecessary, wouldn't
it?

Best regards,

	Marko