logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Base map interfering with routing

From Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de on Tue Feb 8 18:44:07 GMT 2011

"Marko Mäkelä" marko.makela at iki.fi wrote on 07/02/2011 at 07:03:28 +1100
subject "[mkgmap-dev] Base map interfering with routing" :

> When I tested routing after moving most points to resolution 24, I hit a
> big surprise. I let my Edge 705 calculate the route to this
> shop=organic:

> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/370814886

> .../...

> I have successfully calculated a route to the shop before, but that was
> with an older basemap. The old basemap displayed a toilet symbol near my
> house; that's why I know. :-)

The word "before" is probably the problem. In nuvi I figured out that
the "Recent Finds" do sometimes not work correctly after updating the
gmapsupp.img This seems to affect the routing even if you select the
destination in the normal POI categories not only by selecting is in
the recent finds folder.

My oregon 550 has not the possibility to empty the "recent finds", but
I never had this routing errors on this device.

This engendered an issue similar to the one you are describing. I now
empty the recent finds folder immediately after updating my
gmapsupp.img and I dit not hove this errors since then.

See
http://www.mail-archive.com/mkgmap-dev@lists.mkgmap.org.uk/msg06479.html
for the description of the error I had.

I suspect that the nuvi is giving some id number to each POI and if
the gmapsupp.img is updated, the id number are not the same anymore,
and an formerly existing id number will be attributed to an other
POI. And this makes the routing fail.

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - email hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de