logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 0x10 for residential in default style

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Mon Feb 7 22:08:01 GMT 2011

Marko wrote:
>landuse=residential [0x10 resolution 23-18]
>building=* | man_made=* | amenity=* | tourism=* [0x13 resolution 24]

Be careful with man_made=* because there are also line elements
like man_made=pier, man_made=dyke, embankment etc. Mkgmap makes it a closed area which
can be wrong.

I suggest  man_made=pier & area=yes [0x13 resolution 24]

Or make a check if the area is closed or not (is this possible?)

On my map I render buildings at level 24-23
and from level 22 and higher landuse=residential, which works fine in very well mapped regions
like the Netherlands.

More examples about those border lines in the typ file:
http://sites.google.com/site/openfietsmap/news/12-12-2010