logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Base map interfering with routing

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Feb 7 07:13:54 GMT 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 10:51:43PM +0000, Paul wrote:
>I can't answer your question but I can say that I removed the base map
>from my 605 months ago. If it doesn't exist it can't be used and the
>base map on my 605 was practically useless anyway

Without a basemap, the 705 says 'error in route calculation' straight
away. If I click on the Aussie bar next door (some 10 or 20 m away), it
will calculate a route. Could the error be that an access=private
highway=service on layer=-1 is closest to the point, and Garmin fails to
choose another road? (Usually, the routing algorithm seems to want to go
to the nearest road, and then the shortest distance from the road to the
point.)

I guess that the fix is to draw a cycleway across the highway=pedestrian
area, in front of the shop. That should take care of this, and also
allow better routing in the area.

BTW, is there an easy way to remove the highways from the basemap? The
coastline is somewhat useful. Without a basemap, one cannot see the tile
borders when zooming out.

	Marko