logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Reducing the resolution of points in the default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Feb 6 20:53:06 GMT 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 10:44:20PM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>BTW: the points file resolutions should be drastically reduced. I would
>basically reduce all but cities to 24. Then maybe put some into 23 and
>look if there is a need for any (and that they are shown as well, else
>it is just wasted space) POI except cities in 22 from a general
>usepoint.

I tried this idea. I had suburbs and some other things visible at
resolution 22 or so, but it still made the map a bit too crowded. So,
the attached patch has most points at resolution 24. This should not
affect the POI search at all, and the map might look a little less
cluttered in cities.

	Marko