logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Feb 2 20:28:57 GMT 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 09:07:52PM +0100, Bernhard Kuemel wrote:
>compiling http://downloads.cloudmade.com/europe/austria/austria.osm.bz2
>failed: 'java -Xmx3000M -jar /usr/share/mkgmap/mkgmap.jar --route
>austria.osm' failed with Too many heap sections: Increase MAXHINCR or
>MAX_HEAP_SECTS. How can I increase that? Will it help?

Which Java runtime environment are you using? Oracle (Sun) Java could
work better than OpenJDK.

>debians dpkg says its version 0.0.0+svn1067-1. I haven't tried the
>current version because that hasn't finished a smaller map after 15
>mins while debians mkgmap finished in seconds.

r1067 would be from 2009-06-17, over 18 months old. Many things have
been implemented since then.

Are you really trying to compile the entire Austria in a single tile
using the mkgmap default style? I think that you should split it to
smaller tiles with splitter.jar.

I have published my scripts and configuration files at
http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/. I run them on Debian to create a map
of Finland. You may want to adapt your translation from them.

Best regards,

	Marko