logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to fix amenity=shelter in the default style?

From SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk on Wed Feb 2 13:26:11 GMT 2011

On 02/02/2011 07:40, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> Well, I would not want to pollute the hairdresser list with shelters.
> This is getting funny. Think about this scenario: Someone has been
> hiking and camping for weeks in the forests and is looking for the
> closest hairdresser, so that he can return to civilization without
> scaring too many people. And all he gets is another hiking shelter. :-)
I certainly wouldn't want to upset the hairdressers ...
> I have not used the 0x2f14 so far, because its Garmin Finnish
> translation says 'social welfare office'. I can imagine that shelters
> could be used by the homeless, but somehow such tagging feels
> inappropriate.
In English it's "Social Service" which is about as vague.  In British
English that would normally mean a department of the local or city
goverment, and I'm not sure that American English even has the same concept.

Does anyone have any idea what Garmin actually meant it to be used for
or if a symbol actually appears by default on any devices?

Cheers,
Andy