logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap index rev. 1809

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Feb 1 18:43:39 GMT 2011

On 01.02.2011 18:36, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> On 01.02.2011 13:12, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>> On 31/01/11 23:58, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>>> Finally mkgmap is not anymore crashing for me when searching for city&
>>> street (&  optional zip code) in Mapsource.
>>
>> That is good.
> Well 1811 breaks it one more time. ("the selected street is not valid
> in this map product. Please select a different street)
Actually it is broken since 1810. There were no additional errors
introduced by 1811.

>>> Also searching for "Bahnhofsstrasse" in extract of Austria still
>>> crashes
>>> (but does so since the advent of the index branch more or less).
>>
>> I am going to have to have a look at your complete map to sort this
>> one out.
> Well the Bahnhofsstrasse crashes since quite a few time (I am not sure
> if I ever managed to find it using the index branch). It never crashed
> with rev 1760.
> It also crashes with current rev. 1811 (which surprisingly outputs a
> smaller map in MB than rev 1809). The error at the bottom of the crash
> report is: "Error finding map in index file".
However there is one good thing with 1811. Sending maps to device works
again.....

BTW list of finished map size:
1809: 76.8MB
1810: 77.0MB
1811: 76.3MB

kinda strange that 1811 lead to mapsize decrease (mapsize as of taking
the size of the .exe installer).