logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Replacing --add-pois-to-areas with an add_poi action

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Jan 31 20:20:24 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 08:31:09PM +0100, Henning Scholland wrote:
>Am 31.01.2011 20:16, schrieb Marko Mäkelä:
>> On a related note, I believe that an alternative to add-pois-to-areas
>> should be implemented, by introducing an add_poi action in the polygons
>> style file. In that way, one could flexibly choose which polygons
>> deserve a POI.
>
>I found an easy way to "fix" this issue. I set one Garmin-polygon-ID
>with a transparent image.
>In polygons-style-file I created as example the following rule:
>
>shop=supermarket & building!=* [0x0D resolution 23]
>
>For building=yes I've an extra rule. 0x0D is my transparent Garmin-ID.
>It works fine. Only default name should be set in the rule and not in
>TYP-file.

Oh, you seem to have a different use case for the add_poi feature. I was
thinking that I do not necessarily want to have a POI for certain areas,
say, amenity=school & name!=* or amenity=parking & access=private. You
seem to not want a polygon for features for which POIs are to be
generated. The add_poi action would help also there: just tell mkgmap to
create the POI but not the polygon. For instance, do not create a
polygon for amenity=recycling or tourism=lean_to, but just the POI.

	Marko