logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with --generate-sea near Toronto, Canada

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Mon Jan 31 19:29:10 GMT 2011

Marko Mäkelä schrieb am 31.01.2011 20:16:
> On a related note, I believe that an alternative to add-pois-to-areas
> should be implemented, by introducing an add_poi action in the polygons
> style file. In that way, one could flexibly choose which polygons
> deserve a POI.

I just started using add-pois-to-areas last week. Before I was put off by the
problem of unwanted POIs. But due to the Bing images, more and more objects are
mapped as areas instead of POIs now.

I still think, that an add_poi action is highly desirable (it could be easily
extended so that you could specify, whether you want the POI in the centre, on
the first/last node, on all nodes, between the nodes...)

But a much easier solution for the unwanted POIs would be, if the
add-pois-to-areas function would add a predifined tag to each created POI (e.g.
mkgmap_created=add-pois-to-areas). With such a marking it should be possible to
ignore all unwanted POIs within the points style processing.

Gruss
Torsten