logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with --generate-sea near Toronto, Canada

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Jan 31 19:16:01 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 07:35:17AM +0000, charlie at cferrero.net wrote:
>Sorry, can't help with your problem, but can you explain what
>--ignore-unnamed-areas is?  I can't find any reference to it elsewhere.

My DWIM sense says that it is a parameter to --add-pois-to-areas. But
there is no such option in the mkgmap source tree. mkgmap simply ignores
unknown options.

On a related note, I believe that an alternative to add-pois-to-areas
should be implemented, by introducing an add_poi action in the polygons
style file. In that way, one could flexibly choose which polygons
deserve a POI.

Regards,

	Marko