logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with overlapping maps

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Jan 29 12:16:15 GMT 2011

Hi,

There are some issues with two maps that I'd like to display on a Dakota GPS:
Openfietsmap Benelux (OFM_NL) and Germany (OFM_DE):

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3628/ofmh.jpg

-The German map is built from a Geofabrik Germany abstract,
-the Dutch map is built with the Geofabrik europe.osm.pbf.
-Both maps have a different FID but the same draw order.

The problem lies in the empty background of the Germany tiles.
If I send some selected tiles to my GPS, sometimes the 'German' Northsea floods
the Dutch areas (depending on the zoom level). When I zoom in,
the sea disappears but the pointer doesn't show the streetnames etc.
It seems only to see the background map. If I point it to an area where
both maps don't overlap, it shows the name or type of the osm features.

The odd thing is that this only shows up in a Dakota/Oregon. On a nüvi I don't have those issues at all.
If I change the draw priority of one of the maps, cities and towns on the other map are not searchable
anymore. Also a gap appears between the two maps if the draw orders are not equal.

It doesn't make any difference if the maps are selected or not.
(This weird behaviour only shows up on the Dakota and Oregon types, on a Nüvi deselecting the map
DOES make a difference).

The mkgmap args file is listed here:
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/openfietsmap/Scripts/osm_bnl.args

Maybe this option has to do with the background problems?
generate-sea: extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=6000,floodblocker,land-tag=natural=background

The maps can be downloaded here: http://sites.google.com/site/openfietsmap/downloads

Regards,
Minko