logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New splitter build for pbf format

From Scott Crosby scott at sacrosby.com on Thu Jan 27 02:55:40 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Henning Scholland <osm at aighes.de> wrote:
> Am 26.01.2011 13:54, schrieb WanMil:
>
> Hi Steve, hi Scott,
>
> I tried the new splitter build but it's not working for me.

> I splitted the 4.6GB europe.osm.pbf using the default splitter
> arguments. The output was 64 osm.gz files with a total size of 881M
> which seems to contain nodes only.

Thats my fault. I didn't actually push the new osmpbf.jar to osmosis's
SVN, so Steve never incorporated the latest, fixed, version of the
jar. I've just pushed it so hopefully Steve can rerelease a new
version. I apologize for the error.

The problem is entirely with the pbf reader --- a 32-bit cleanness bug
that was only exposed on Windows made the reader erroneously sense
end-of-file.  Existing PBF files are fine and do not need to be
regenerated.

Scott