logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter problem was: Re: How to solve/debug weird problem

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 22 19:18:21 GMT 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 05:46:56PM +0100, Johannes Formann wrote:
>Where should I start, my Ideas would be throwing out the countourdata,
>geonames?

If I were you, I would put the contours on a separate map layer.
Different layers can be split at different borders. Contours ought to be
much more constant than OSM data. Wouldn't it suffice to compile the
contours once and then combine the compiled contours to the gmapsupp.img
with the regularly compiled OSM data?

	Marko