logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Jan 20 10:34:22 GMT 2011

I found the reason what made my mapsource crashing (bad map id)
when I clicked on the address search button.
.
The cause I have found in my mkgmap args file:

mapname: 30010040
input-file: 10010040.osm.gz

It causes mkgmap to crash if I search for adresses.
I thought it was caused because I used mkgmap-index-r1778.jar but
it happened with other mkgmap versions too...

Another test didnt cause a crash:

mapname: 10010040
input-file: 10010040.osm.gz

So in my args file I noticed that it matters that at least the first input file and the mapname file must have the same map ID?

I also found out that if I put a (already processed) contour img first
before the osm tiles, the same crash happens (bad map id) if I click on the address search button:

# contour lines first

input-file: 10010101.img

# osm tiles last

mapname: 10010040
input-file: 10010040.osm.gz

However, this causes a crash in MS (address search button),
but it doesnt crash if i put the osm tiles first:

# osm tiles first

mapname: 10010040
input-file: 10010040.osm.gz

# contour lines last

input-file: 10010101.img

Note that I don't put the line "mapname: 10010101.img"
in the line above with "description: contourmap"
because this causes that the contours dont show up in Mapsource.
If I leave mapname etc out, it shows the contourlines.

I don't know if my findings are related to the address search problem,
but maybe it helps.

Cheers,
Minko