logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] elevation contours, wrong values

From garvan&maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Wed Jan 19 12:28:16 GMT 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 21:46 +0100, Henning Scholland wrote:
> Hi,
> in the resulting osm-file are all values correct. Eg. the
> elevationline for 20m is tagged with ele=20. Also this line is
> displayed there elevation is 20m. But this line is named as 6m.
>
> srtm2osm-call should be correct. It creates metric values unless you
> set -foot, what I haven't done.
>
> MapSource use also metric system.
>
> Henning

Assuming there is no bug in mkgmap, you should check your style file.
GARMIN store elevation heights internally in feet, so the meters must be
converted to feet by mkgmap, following settings in the style file. Form
your post it would appear that this is not happening.

I have only used contours with polish format input. With polish format
you need to add elevation=M in the header portion of the mp file to tell
mkgmap you are using meters. From what I can see this is handled by the
style file for OSM input.

Garvan