logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to solve/debug weird problem

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Jan 17 21:18:34 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 09:01:38PM +0100, Johannes Formann wrote:
>Just downloaded new data from geofabrik
>http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/germany.osm.bz2 and run mkgmap
>only with your debug patch, got an exception again.

How exactly did you invoke mkgmap? Did you split the Germany extract
first? If so, with which exact commands? Which software versions did you use?

>> If it is a mkgmap bug then we will need more information.  Does it
>> happen with unpatched mkgmap? With just the basic options?
>
>What are "basic" options?

You can find a rather basic set of options in my scripts at
http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/. Of those options, I would consider
generate-sea fancy.

Best regards,

	Marko