logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Jan 11 10:07:52 GMT 2011

Hi

On the index branch I have committed a change to sort the roads in the
NET section in the same order as in the index.  Prior to the I was
unable to find any street containing a ü character in the first
part of the name, now I can almost always find a street if the
city field is empty.

I have also found the reason why cities are in the index in
incompatible forms such as Mönchweiller and Moenchweiller.
There is some hard coded styling that uses the openGeoDB:sort_name
tag to get the name of the city for an element, but the city itself
gets the regular name tag (or whatever the style sets the name to).

So I've changed this to use openGeoDB:name instead.

As the change affects the tiles you must recompile the tiles, not just
the index.  You must also use --latin1.

..Steve