logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to use the index branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Jan 7 22:19:39 GMT 2011

> El 07/01/11 22:52, WanMil escribió:
>> I tried to use the index branch but I don't know the little tricks to
>> get address search working in MapSource (and of course not on my
>> Garmin). Can someone please summarize (Steve, Felix) what I have to do
>> use it at least in MapSource? How do you test the index branch?
>>
>> What I've tried:
>> * Create a map from the index branch with compiling an nsis map installer
>> * Run the mapinstaller exe
>> * Start MapSource
>> =>   The map is installed but Search =>   Search city is disabled.
> Did you use --index parameter?

Yes, I did.
mkgmap generated the following files:
63240001.img
63240006.img
gmapsupp.img
osmmap.img
osmmap.mdx
osmmap.nsi
osmmap.tdb
osmmap_license.txt
osmmap_mdr.img

Using the .nsi script I created the MapSource Installer MkgmapIndex.exe.

My mkgmap parameters are:
charset=latin1
code-page=1252
series-name=MkgmapIndex
... some more family, area etc. parameters ...
add-pois-to-areas
make-poi-index
net
route