logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1771: Code spring clean.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Jan 7 15:19:25 GMT 2011

On 07.01.2011 16:16, maning sambale wrote:
> Does this mean I can removed the road-name-pois switch and the
> cluttered road names?
>

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Steve Ratcliffe<steve at parabola.me.uk>  wrote:
>> anything about street search on the device.
Well road-name-pois should be removed from mkgmap alltogether IMHO. It
overloads the POI search, and causes crashes on most gps - even when the
map that has been built with road-name-pois is deactivated....

And no, only old generation Garmin GPS work with the address search
right now (and to search in other tiles than the active, workarounds are
needed). In the end as cpreview that generates a fully working address
search for cgpsmapper produced maps is open source now, it should be
possible to get mkgmap write correct address search too. I have not
succeeded in using cpreview to write working mdr for mkgmap created maps
though.