logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter is extreme slow

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Fri Dec 24 20:54:36 GMT 2010

I had a spare hour on Christmas Eve ;) so I tested this. Below is what I
got on a 64 bit openSuSE 11.2 system with 4GB RAM and the latest Sun java.

time java -Xmx2048M -jar splitter.jar --mapid=70000001
--max-nodes=1000000 europe.osm.pbf

real    114m22.787s
user    93m33.760s
sys     3m43.717s

This is using the splitter with pbf support that Steve posted to this
group a few weeks ago

Hope that helps

Paul