logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] SeeGenerator error with r1752

From Markus_g markus_g at bigpond.com on Fri Dec 24 00:47:07 GMT 2010

I once supplied statistics of number of objects in an IMG-File. I used
GPSMapEdit. www.geopainting.com

Under map properties choose Statistics.

Markus_g

-----Original Message-----
From: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
[mailto:mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk] On Behalf Of WanMil
Sent: Friday, 24 December 2010 8:35 AM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] SeeGenerator error with r1752

> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 09:24:08PM +0100, WanMil wrote:
>> Thanks for the report! It is fixed with r1753.
>
> Yes, I can verify that r1753 does not crash any more.
>
> Something strange is still happening:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 marko marko 65486848 23.12. 22:26 gmapsupp.img
> -rw-r--r-- 1 marko marko 69042176 23.12. 02:54 gmapsupp.img.1728
>
> Why did r1728 generate a much larger file than r1753, on the same data?
>
> 	Marko

That doesn't sound good....
I have looked through the changelog:
1. A synchronization in the MapMaker class was removed. Do you use more
than 1 thread?
2. The procedure how the list of relevant tags that are read from the
OSM file is created was changed a bit. Maybe this introduced a bug so
that some things are missing now. Can you do a quick check, if you are
missing some POIs or highways or polygons in the r1753 map?
3. The procedure how the mulitpolygon processing removes tags from the
original ways was changed. Either this introduced or fixed a bug. ?!?
Yeah, it is possible that the old algorithm missed some tag removals on
lines and polygons so that the number of objects was too large in the maps.

It would be great if we have a tool that reads the IMG-file and creates
a statistic of how many objects are contained in the file. Do we have
that already?! I think I remember a thread about that but I cannot find it.

WanMil