logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Configurable flood blocker

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri Dec 17 10:54:47 GMT 2010

I tested the floodblocker on the Benelux abstract from http://planet.openstreetmap.nl/
The options in my mkgmap args file were:
generate-sea: multipolygon,floodblocker,land-tag=natural=background

The parameter fbgab gives an error (I'm using java under windows).
I tried different settings for fbthres,fbratio but no sea came back on my map.

See the results here: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2873/bnlj.jpg

Only one tile where the sea remained, the rest was completely gone.

This is how it looked without the floodblocker:
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8382/52519932.jpg

Mkgmap settings are
generate-sea: no-mp,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=1000,land-tag=natural=background

Not good either but still the sea is there (too much sea though).
Usually I use the europe.osm.pbf extract and split it, without problems of flooding.
Since a few weeks there are problems with the europe pbf file under windows, so
I have to find an alternative. The Benelux abstract from http://planet.openstreetmap.nl/
shows flooding because it lacks some German coastline, in particular this way is not part of it:

I hoped that Wanmils floodblocker could solve this but it unfortunately it couldn't.
Is there another way to merge this coastline to the splitted osm tile?

Cheers,
Minko