logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What is ${mkgmap:boundary_name}

From garvan&maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Sat Dec 4 13:50:47 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 12:37 +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

<snip>

> As Charlie Ferrero suggested, it should get the value from the name of
> the boundary relation. The question is if relations ignore the
> name-tag-list option.
>
> # Names of administrative boundaries.
> # We could want to sort the relations in ascending order of admin_level
> # and alphabetically by name first.
> # Currently, the matching relations will be processed and the names
> # appended to the boundary lines in an arbitrary order.
> (type=boundary | type=multipolygon) & boundary=administrative & name=*
> { apply
>    {
>      set mkgmap:boundary_name='$(mkgmap:boundary_name)/${name}' |
> '${name}';
>    }
> }
>
> As a workaround for the possible --name-tag-list bug, you could try
> replacing ${name} in the above rule with ${name:en}. If it does not
> help, check that relations actually carry a name:en.
>
> Ideas for tweaking the style language so that the resulting name list
> will be sorted are welcome.
>
> Best regards,
>
> 	Marko

The relations are tagged consistently in my case (better than the tag in
the ways), so your idea of using ${name:en} in the relations rule works
perfectly.

Thanks for your help. And it does look like there is a bug in handling
the --name-tag-list.

Apologies to those who group messages by thread in their email program,
I just realized that I inserted my first post into an existing thread by
mistake.

Garvan