logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug: relation names do not obey name-tag-list

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Dec 4 11:19:25 GMT 2010

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 12:37:59PM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>The question is if relations ignore the name-tag-list option.

This seems to be the case. I just added the following to my mkgmap.args:

name-tag-list: name:fi,name:sv,name:en,name

It did something, because I saw many Swedish names in Helsinki and
Espoo, instead of the usual Finnish. They are (in my opinion incorrectly)
tagged as name=Finnish_name, name:sv=Swedish_name, missing name:fi.

However, the name of the Finnish-Russian border line segment that I
checked still contained the Russian ${name}s "Leningradskaja Oblast" and
"Rossiskaja Federacia", even though the relations in question do carry
${name:fi}, which should have been selected instead of the ${name}:

Best regards,

	Marko