logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rendering roundabouts

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Dec 2 11:58:34 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 12:37:39PM +0100, Minko wrote:
>On the dutch osm forum this particular roundabout has raised some
>questions about how mkgmap deals with filtering those nodes. Does it
>calculate an avarage position of a cluster of nodes that are (too)
>close to each other and group them into one node? Is this the reason
>why those jagged lines show up on the garmin img?

Are you using the option remove-short-arcs? I do not know how it works,
but in the worst case, it does not calculate any averages, but just
merges nodes that are too close together, until no too-close nodes
remain. A random node would end up being selected as the representative
of the cluster.

	Marko