logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Arabic+non arabic name

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Thu Nov 11 22:26:04 GMT 2010

El 11/11/10 22:04, Ralf Kleineisel escribió:
> On 11/11/2010 09:33 PM, Carlos Dávila wrote:
>

>> Is there any chance to get tags like name=Maknâs مكناس correctly displayed?
>>
> I'd think that the two names should be tagged in two different name tags
> like "name:ar" and "name:en" or "int_name".
I have started to generate maps for Morocco a few days ago and have seen
this kind of tags in several places. I'm just trying to get the best
maps possible with the information is already in the database. The full
list of tags is:
<tag k="name:es" v="Mequínez"/>
<tag k="name" v="Maknâs  مكناس"/>
<tag k="is_in:continent" v="Africa"/>
<tag k="name:eu" v="Meknes"/>
<tag k="population" v="950000"/>
<tag k="name:ar" v="مكناس"/>
<tag k="is_in:country" v="Morocco"/>
<tag k="int_name" v="Meknes"/>
<tag k="is_in" v="Meknès-El Menzeh, Meknès-Tafilalet, Morocco"/>
<tag k="place" v="city"/>
<tag k="name:fr" v="Meknès"/>
In this example I could use int_name with the name-tag-list option, but
in others I've seen there's only the dual name tag.