logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygon broken without warning

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Nov 11 19:52:59 GMT 2010

> I logged both broken multipolygons (303344 and 302922) with logging-level
> FINE and seperated the details of both relations. You can find the loggs at
> http://hscholland.de/data/mkgmap.log.7z
>
> aighes

Ok, things are clear now.
The multipolygon was tagged only with name=Vanajavesi and the three
outer ways were tagged with natural=water. Since r1711 mkgmap generally
uses the tags from the multipolygon if it has at least one tag
(type=multipolygon does not count). So the mp (which means the merged
polgons) is tagged only with name=Vanajavesi. The tags of the outer ways
are not removed so they still use natural=water. This leads to the
described effect as they are autoclosed (I don't know where this happens).

Correct tagging is now necessary for a correct processing.

Before r1711 the tags were taken only from the multipolygon if it had at
least one known "polygon"-tag (like natural, landuse etc.). But there
was the problem that the list of known polygon tags could not be
complete. So we decided to require a clean tagging.

WanMil