logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing icons when using TYP file

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Nov 10 19:08:41 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 06:03:12PM +0000, Dermot McNally wrote:
>OK, I've done this now. In short, the default styles map bus_stop to
>0x2f subtype 17 where only 0x2f subtype 08 (by default bus/rail
>stations or rail halts) were having this icon applied in the TYP file.

Right, the 0x2f17 is used for lesser stops, so that the 'big stations'
are in a separate submenu of the Where To? menu. They used to be of the
same type (0x2f08) until I changed it maybe a year ago. When I am using
public transit, I tend to ignore bus stops and prefer to walk a few km
to the nearest station. Train routes are more regular and easier to
remember than buses. Many bus lines in rural areas are nowhere near 24x7
coverage.

It could be nice to have a bigger icon for the lesser stops, but then
the map could start looking too colourful. Often there are 4 stops near
a crossing, or even more if there are tram lines as well.

	Marko