logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing icons when using TYP file

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Wed Nov 10 15:22:33 GMT 2010

Hi,

For a while I've been using my own TYP file, customised from the one
maintained by Computerteddy.

In theory I have changed very little in the file - some road colours,
and a few translations from German and American into English :)

I've also changed the Family ID to 333 because that's what my maps
use. My editing is done using the popular Czech online TYP editor and
the resulting TYP file works fine for me when compiled into my maps
using mkgmap. With the exception of Teddy's POI icons, such as the one
for bus stops. Such icons appear on all of my Garmin devices only as
tiny squares, even though the correct icons appear inside the editor.
If I download one of Computerteddy's ready-made maps all icons appear
as expected.

My best guess is that Computerteddy may be overriding the default
mappings for elements like bus stops, though I'm hoping to hear any
other possible causes before I jump into a replumbing job.

Thanks for any pointers,
Dermot