logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RFE --merge-lines only from resolution X

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Nov 1 08:31:18 GMT 2010

On 01.11.2010 09:27, Johann Gail wrote:

>> Currently the --merge-lines works in all resolutions. However in
>> resolution 24 and 22 there is not much speed improvement on the GPS,
>> but it's quite annoying that the information pop up on hoover shows
>> in the wrong place.
> I can vaguely remember seeing a similar effect a year ago. I didn't
> search deeper, but my assumption was that this is some side effect of
> the dp filter. It looks to me that the pop up (and sometimes the pink
> routing line) was drawn at an invisible straightened line instead of
> being aligned with the visible objects.
>
> Could you describe more exactly, how this pop up is missaligned? Is it
> on the line, but on the wrong position or is it completly off the line?
It is on the line, but sometimes up to 1km wrong position - though
mostly 100-200m away. It this is a bug that can be fixed - than
disregard my comment to drop the support at resolution 24, but I
remember Mark Button (hey, I miss you and your great coding BTW),
writing that it is inherent to the function itself - though I don't
understand why - to me it should not matter whether a road was a single
part in OSM or two parts and merged (but on single part roads this bug
is not showing up, so likely it can be fixed...).