logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] motorway_link not always oneway

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Tue Oct 26 22:00:31 BST 2010

On 10/26/2010 09:45 PM, Harri wrote:

> I prefer explicit tags over implied ones though. Perhaps we could mass
> correct the locally obvious ones like motorway surface.

I think that assuming that motorways are paved and oneway is good. There
is no need to add unneccessary tags. Highway=motorway is an abbreviation
which makes mapping easier.

Otherwise we would not need highway=motorway at all and could map them
all as "highway=road; surface=paved; width=8m; oneway=yes;
access=motor_vehicles; lanes=2".

For motorway_links it is not so clear, but I'd just stick with what's in
the wiki because it has been this way for a long time. And errors become
quite obvious as soon as someone tries the routing. I haven't seen such
an error in a long time around here.