logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] motorway_link not always oneway

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Oct 26 19:38:40 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 05:17:50PM +0200, Torsten Leistikow wrote:
>As a consequence, I think we shouldn't assume one=yes as default for
>motorway_links.

For what it is worth, when this was discussed last time, most
highway=motorway_link in Finland were tagged oneway=yes. Some were
tagged oneway=no, and some were missing a oneway attribute. I added
oneway=yes or oneway=no to each motorway_link in Finland that was
missing it. I invite you to do the same in your country or region. You
can easily do that by extracting the ways from a country or state
extract with Osmosis and loading the resulting file to JOSM. In JOSM,
you can download some surroundings around each line in order to
determine whether it should be oneway=yes or oneway=no. Here is a sample
command:

osmosis --rb extract.osm.pbf \
--tf accept-ways highway=motorway_link \
--tf reject-ways 'oneway=*' \
--tf reject-relations --used-node \
--wx motorway_link.osm
josm motorway_link.osm

I still do not think that the default style should be changed in this
respect, but I don't have a strong opinion, as my "own territory" would
be unaffected. I just checked that the above command produced an empty
file (just the bounding box). When I replaced the oneway=* with
surface=* (I guess many mappers do not bother to set surface=paved on
motorways) I did get a number of ways.

	Marko