logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [GeoNames] GarminID's GoogleDocs spreadsheet

From Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com on Fri Oct 22 04:47:14 BST 2010

Hi all.

With thanks to Marcel Bokhorst, who created the gn2mp conversion script,
I created the GoogleDocs chart listing all of the features

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am70fsptsPF2dENGRWNOQ3lmeU5UbWlORFZTZFpvRWc&hl=en

I have cross-posted this message to the mkgmap developers, who are
working on the conversion program which takes the OpenStreetMap
Features and figures out exactly which Xml KEY/VALUE pairs match up
with the GarminIDs.

I'm still working on the charts, for example the detailed GarminIDs with the
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am70fsptsPF2dGdSaEwwTUx5eGtzSFdPbmZPQlpBTEE&hl=en

And am currently working on finding a sample from GeoNames to show for
each feature.

So my 1 question for the geonames group is, what is the origional
source for the map feature schema? Was it created from scratch or
derived from somewhere?
Thanks,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada