logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Different routing results using osm vs osm.pbf

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Oct 20 20:35:18 BST 2010

El 20/10/10 17:15, Steve Ratcliffe escribió:

>> I have repeated the test with today's portugal osm and pbf files from
>> geofabrik and these are the results:
>> -Calculated routes are the same with or without --preserve-element-order
>> for each osm pair and pbf pair.
>> -2 of 3 tested routes are worse with the pbf generated map.
>> -pbf generated map is slightly smaller than osm one (11.3 vs 11.4 MB),
>> so it seems that some information may be missing in the pbf map.
>>
> What version of mkgmap was this with?

r1719
> I have made a change today that ensures that the output no longer
> depends on --preserve-element-order, for identical input files.
>
> Here is what I get with the following files and with mkgmap-r1719:
>
> I downloaded the two files:
> 	portugal.osm.pbf (dated 20-Oct-2010 07:17)
> 	portugal.osm.bz2 (dated 20-Oct-2010 11:21)
>
> from geofabrik and after converting the pbf to the .osm
> I verified that they were the same.  The only difference was the
> generator and origin attributes due to differing version of osmosis.
>
> I then converted each file with mkgmap --route --remove-short-arcs
> The resulting maps were the same apart from the timestamps.
>
> Could you post the exact command line you were using?  I assume that
> any difference must be down to one of the other options.

Commands are the same if both cases, with the only difference in the
content of the files passed by -c (see below portugal.args and
portugal_pbf.args)
java -Xmx600m -enableassertions -Dlog.config=logging.properties -jar
mkgmap.jar \
--generate-sea=polygons,extend-sea-sectors \
--route \
--tdbfile \
--latin1 \
--code-page=1252 \
--gmapsupp \
--series-name="OSM-Portugal" \
--road-name-pois \
--ignore-maxspeeds \
--remove-short-arcs \
--add-pois-to-areas \
--adjust-turn-headings \
--report-similar-arcs \
--link-pois-to-ways \
--location-autofill=1 \
--drive-on-right \
--check-roundabouts \
--check-roundabout-flares \
--style=mio \
typ/PORTU-22.TYP \
-c portugal.args

args files are also the same, with the only difference in the input file:
product-id=1
family-id=22
family-name=OSM Portugal
country-name=PORTUGAL
country-abbr=POR
area-name=Portugal

mapname: 63240006
input-file: portugal.osm / input-file: portugal.osm.pbf