logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] User-defined PBF preprocessing in splitter?

From Scott Crosby scrosby at cs.rice.edu on Wed Oct 20 13:12:36 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 04:22:18PM -0500, Scott Crosby wrote:
> >There's a branch in the splitter repository that supports reading pbf
> >files, along with significant improvements in scalability and
> >performance, but it still generates *.osm.gz files for output.
>
> Can you give the Subversion URL for that branch? It was not obvious to
> me when I tried to find it last night.

https://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/svn/splitter/branches/crosby_integration

That code also contains the various improvements I announced a month or two
ago about faster splitter performance and doing >6000 regions/pass.

> Would it be possible to add some user-configureable pre-processing in
> splitter for omitting certain objects or moving nodes around, like my
> Perl script (posted earlier in this thread) does? Well, I guess it is
> always possible by patching the source, but I would prefer something
> plugin- or filter-like that allows me to run unmodified binaries.

Nope. No plugins with the splitter with that functionality. You'll have to
edit the code. However, part of my changes include a refactor that make it
feasible to put in a small 'shim', where you can get entities before they're
processed, where such a module may be cleanly added.

Scott