logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] User-defined PBF preprocessing in splitter?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Oct 20 09:17:22 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 04:22:18PM -0500, Scott Crosby wrote:
>There's a branch in the splitter repository that supports reading pbf
>files, along with significant improvements in scalability and
>performance, but it still generates *.osm.gz files for output.

Can you give the Subversion URL for that branch? It was not obvious to
me when I tried to find it last night.

Would it be possible to add some user-configureable pre-processing in
splitter for omitting certain objects or moving nodes around, like my
Perl script (posted earlier in this thread) does? Well, I guess it is
always possible by patching the source, but I would prefer something
plugin- or filter-like that allows me to run unmodified binaries.

Something like a dynamic preprocessing library for splitter? It could
also take care of rewrites, such as a more sophisticated form of
mkgmap's --name-tag-list.

	Marko