logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] build instructions and protobuf

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Oct 19 21:37:28 BST 2010

Hi

Sorry this is kind of replying to two people at once..

On 19/10/10 15:57, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> El 19/10/10 00:40, Greg Troxel escribió:
>> I'm glad to see pbf support in mkgmap, but doing an svn checkout and
>> 'ant dist' fails, or at least prints an error.  The README does not

Could you send me any errors that you get.

It should either find the jars and build in protobuf support, or not
find them and omit the support.

>> explain where to find the apparently missing jar files, or how to check
>> them out and build them.

Currently you have to get them from elsewhere, for example from
osmosis, but I will probably have them checked into the mgkmap tree
at some point or have the build file download them.

> 3-Copy protobuf-java-2.3.0.jar to
> mkgmap/opt/jars/protobuf-2.3.0/protobuf.jar (*)
> (*) according to mkgmap/external.properties both jar files are looked
> for under /opt/jars but I think it must be an error, so I edited it to
> point to (mkgmap/)opt/jars

Well I put them in /opt/jars/... you can put them wherever you like as
long as you modify external.properties to match (or copy to
local.properties and change there).

In the future I expect that the libraries will be downloaded or
checked into (mkgmap)/lib

..Steve