logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] build instructions and protobuf

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Tue Oct 19 15:57:57 BST 2010

El 19/10/10 00:40, Greg Troxel escribió:
> I'm glad to see pbf support in mkgmap, but doing an svn checkout and
> 'ant dist' fails, or at least prints an error.  The README does not
> explain where to find the apparently missing jar files, or how to check
> them out and build them.
>
> Ideally, it would look in the system standard paths, so that one could
> install the jar with a 3rd-party package manager, and also look in
> ../protobuf/dist/protobuf.jar so that a parallel build of the other
> packages would get picked up.
>
> I can write a patch for README if someone sends a few hints, or I may
> get to searching.
>
> (sorry if I missed a mailinglist post, but this belongs in the sources.
> also I didn't find anhything on the buidling page of the wiki)
I can tell you what I did in order to get mkgmap working with pbf files,
but I'm getting strange routing results (see my next post), so I may
have done something wrong:
1-Download osmosis 0.37 [1] and open it. Under lib/default/ you will
find a lot of jar files, including the necessary ones to build mkgmap
with pbf support.
2-Copy osmbin-xxx.jar to mkgmap/opt/jars/osmprotobuf/osmprotobuf.jar (*)
3-Copy protobuf-java-2.3.0.jar to
mkgmap/opt/jars/protobuf-2.3.0/protobuf.jar (*)
(*) according to mkgmap/external.properties both jar files are looked
for under /opt/jars but I think it must be an error, so I edited it to
point to (mkgmap/)opt/jars
4- ant dist

[1] http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~bretth/osmosis-build/osmosis-latest.tgz