logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] some questions about splitter and europe extract

From aighes h.scholland at googlemail.com on Sat Oct 16 00:23:42 BST 2010

Minko-2 wrote:

> Do you need --write-xml or --write-pbf?
>
> I used the last one, but when I splitted the output file benelux.osm I got
> this error:
> "Error parsing from xml from file org.xmlpullv1.xmlpullparserexception:
> only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not /u0"

Hi,
splitter r123 only reads osm-xml format. So you have to use in osmosis
--write-xml. I don't know, when a new version of splitter will be released,
but I hope it will be soon. Because diskspace will be reduced enormously, is
you can use the binary format.

aighes