logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] continue command in combination with add-pois-to-areas

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Oct 12 17:17:54 BST 2010

> Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>> points style:
>>>
>>> shop=car_repair [0x2c14 continue]
>>> shop=car_repair [0x2c09]
>>>
>>> and a polygon style:
>>>
>>> shop=car_repair [0x12]
>>>
>>> Processing this on a very simple OSM file containing one polygon tagged
>>> shop=car_repair and one point tagged shop=car_repair, using
>>> the --add-pois-to-areas switch, I see:
>>> One polygon of type 0x12, with a 0x2c09 POI in the centre
>>> Two POIs consisting of one of type 0x2c09 overlain on top of another of type
>>> 0x2c14
>>
>> Yes that does appear to be the case.
>>
>> It might be difficult to change. We don't know if something is a polygon
>> until after the style rules have been run and at that stage it is too
>> late for the normal processing to occur for the generated point.  At
>> least that the way it is written - it is possible that it could be
>> changed, if anyone has any ideas please post.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> ..Steve
>
> I'm sure I saw an email from WanMil recently that said there already is
>    code in mkgmap that can test to see if an object is a closed polygon.

Yes, it is possible to check if an object is a closed which does not
necessarily mean that it is a polygon (example: roundabout). But we
could add some methods (maybe they already exist) that can check if an
object is tagged with polygon tags.

>    If, so, then this code could be re-used and --add-pois-to-areas could
> be run before the style file processing.  Whilst I'm helpfully palming
> off work to others more skilful than myself, could whoever does this
> also add some logic to make sure the resultant POI is always placed
> *inside* the polygon? :)

Do you have an algorithm that performs within an acceptable time?