logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] continue command in combination with add-pois-to-areas

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Oct 12 05:09:24 BST 2010

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> Hi
>
>> points style:
>>
>> shop=car_repair [0x2c14 continue]
>> shop=car_repair [0x2c09]
>>
>> and a polygon style:
>>
>> shop=car_repair [0x12]
>>
>> Processing this on a very simple OSM file containing one polygon tagged
>> shop=car_repair and one point tagged shop=car_repair, using
>> the --add-pois-to-areas switch, I see:
>> One polygon of type 0x12, with a 0x2c09 POI in the centre
>> Two POIs consisting of one of type 0x2c09 overlain on top of another of type
>> 0x2c14
>
> Yes that does appear to be the case.
>
> It might be difficult to change. We don't know if something is a polygon
> until after the style rules have been run and at that stage it is too
> late for the normal processing to occur for the generated point.  At
> least that the way it is written - it is possible that it could be
> changed, if anyone has any ideas please post.
>
> Regards,
>
> ..Steve

I'm sure I saw an email from WanMil recently that said there already is
  code in mkgmap that can test to see if an object is a closed polygon.
  If, so, then this code could be re-used and --add-pois-to-areas could
be run before the style file processing.  Whilst I'm helpfully palming
off work to others more skilful than myself, could whoever does this
also add some logic to make sure the resultant POI is always placed
*inside* the polygon? :)

--
Charlie