logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 'Not Near Any Road' Error Message

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Sep 25 18:56:54 BST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 08:34:17AM -0700, Mr Thwibble wrote:
>The map renders fine on the gps, but whenever I try to route anywhere
>(including to a destination within the tile in which I'm originating)
>the route computation fails at about 2% and complains that I'm not near
>a road.  I'm using:
>
>java -jar ./mkgmap/mkgmap.jar ./midab.osm ./southab.osm --gmapsupp --route

Did it previously succeed with exactly the same data, or could it be
that the map data has grown so much that you are hitting some limitation
of the Garmin format or the Garmin implementation of interpreting the
format?

Have you tried to enable logging? Have you tried to compile the same map
with a older versions of mkgmap? Do you have a rough idea how old the
mkgmap was that you were using previously?

Best regards,

	Marko