logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 'Not Near Any Road' Error Message

From Mr Thwibble mr_thwibble at yahoo.com on Sat Sep 25 16:34:17 BST 2010

Hi Folks,
I'm using the latest build of mkgmap and loading the results onto my Garmin
Vista HCx.

The map renders fine on the gps, but whenever I try to route anywhere (including
to a destination within the tile in which I'm originating) the route computation
fails at about 2% and complains that I'm not near a road.  I'm using:

java -jar ./mkgmap/mkgmap.jar ./midab.osm ./southab.osm --gmapsupp --route

I'm going to try compilation with a single .osm tile, but I never used to have
this problem with an older version of mkgmap - I just can't remember which older
version that was!

I've tried setting a reference point to a road or intersection before I try and
route but that doesn't help either, it still fails.

Any help much appreciated - thanks!

Thwib & Leighton
{"It's not what you do - it's how you do it; be anything you want to be,
{"It's not what you've got - it's how you use it;
{"You be you and I'll be me - it's just a matter of styyyyyyyle
.[ICQ - 37469181; Yahoo! - mr_thwibble; AOL - Mr Thwibble].