logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Trouble getting somemultipolygons torender inmkgmap

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Sep 25 15:34:31 BST 2010

Wow, great work!
If you filter the types with decreased polygon numbers you get:

Residential
City Park
Large lake
Medium lake
Major river
Forrest

I *guess* that in most cases the multipolygon is tagged with name=XXX
but not with the polygon tag (natural=* etc.). With patch
mp_stricttagrule_v1 these polygons are tagged only with name=XXX but not
with a polygon tag and therefore no rule in the style file matches.

But the difference (<1%) is not as big as I expected. Maybe it is time
to commit the mp_stricttagrule_v1 to squeeze mappers to tag mps correctly.
Can you repeat your analysis for parts of europe?

WanMil