logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Trouble getting some multipolygons to render inmkgmap

From Markus markus_g at bigpond.com on Fri Sep 24 09:23:34 BST 2010

Hi Charlie,

With the tests I have just done I have found the leisure tag no longer works
with multipolygons.

Regards,

Markus_g

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Ferrero [mailto:charlie at cferrero.net]
Sent: Friday, 24 September 2010 4:31 PM
To: Markus
Cc: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Trouble getting some multipolygons to render
inmkgmap

On 24/09/2010 10:42, Markus wrote:
> The other relations seem to have water reversed also.
>
> For the last relation I would try reversing the swimming pool way and the
> outer way to match the coastline way. Although I wouldn't have thought
that
> this would matter.
>
> Markus_g
>
> For the
Markus,

Thanks for looking into this.  Are you sure the sense of the way around
water matters?  I know that it is important for coastlines, but couldn't
find any suggestion that it matters for other inland water masses, e.g.
natural=water (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dwater)
doesn't mention it.

Also, the multipolygon "usage" section on the wiki
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon) states:
"The direction of the ways does not matter"

--
Charlie